Wednesday, October 14, 2015

"Paper Roses"

.



                   Growing up without a father to be with and, help with paying for the food and, rest of the bills of a large family of a wife and, five kids.

                   My sainted mother, God rest her soul, had to take on that responsibility. This was back before Food stamps and, welfare. 

                  My mother worked at least 14 hours a day. Coming home from working in the cold and, dead of winter with the wind coming off Lake Michigan.

                 She ran a catering truck coming home at night sometimes at 8pm at night. Then make her sandwiches and, get ready for the next day.

                I sometimes would catch her crying from the pain of her cracked and, dried out hands as she tried counting the money that she had made.

               The change was really hard for her to count cause of the swelling of her hands. 

               The reason I mention this is so you can realize how valuable her time was. She would go through this mainly during the weekdays unless she could get work on the weekends.

              When she didn't work as a caterer at U. S. Steel in Chicago, she would look for other ways to pay the bills.

             One way was to make paper ma shy roses using of course paper me shy and, pipe cleaners.

            She loved her kids, if it wasn't reading the Bible it would be one of our favorite stories. My favorite was "The Box Car Children"

           The reason I'm writing this is because many of you out there have children and, you have to work two jobs.  You work hard to support yourselves and, children.

           Understand this it's up to you to teach your children what love is. Right now what they are being taught in their schools and, on the street, Sex is love.

            If you look for love in your life look to your children.  Not by things you buy them. That is an empty set.

           Spend some time with them, get to know them.

           I had a chance to spend time with at first glance was a future Mr. & Mrs. Charles Manson. 

           Two children that had no respect for their mother mainly because their mother showed no respect to them.

            They spent one night with me and, they changed. Why?  Because I got to know them. I spent time with them. I actually forced them to turn off the TV, Turn off the video games.

             I held up some rare items in their house, I held up four books and let them choose. They first refused. After I told them if they don't choose, I will, so they chose.

              Oh No! yes I read a book to them.

             I made a deal with them if they listen and, respect what I say,  I will listen and respect to what they say.

             I just knew their mother but, when I left, with tears in their eyes, they begged me to be their father and, not leave. What could I do?

            It took maybe $.24 to make her paper rose but, my mother's  paper rose was worth more then a whole lives worth of the words of I love you.

           Why, is because she took the love and, time to make it for me!

(Ben Carson)
"Ted Cruz for President"

                                               Star...
.

No comments: